Merry Christmas and Thank You for an Amazing Year!

admin
Site Admin

Merry Christmas and Thank You for an Amazing Year!

Postby admin » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:27 am

It's the most wonderful time of the year, but what many of you might not realize is that 2015 has been the most wonderful year for For the Love of Tech!

It started back in February when I got invited to Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain by the Lumia Connects (now Lumia Voices) group over at Microsoft. There were a lot of firsts that week. It was the first time I had been out of the United States, for one thing. It was also the first time I was invited to a product launch.

I met lots of amazing people from all over the world, including Victor Ng Wai Loon from Blogjack, Patrick Hamilton Walsh from PicHit.Me, Jullietta Stoencheva, Julie Gri of Nokians, and many more. It was an amazing experience and decidedly the best three days of my life. You can read more about it here:
http://fortheloveoftech.com/2015/03/06/my-week-with-microsoft/

I kept in touch with many of these people. When MixRadio was ready to launch on iOS and Android, Victor introduced me to Jimmy Lee, who then introduced me to Andy Hagon and Lenny Bonsignore. They're all part of OneTechStop.Net and I consider them all to be friends. You can read more about the MixRadio event here:
http://fortheloveoftech.com/2015/05/20/mixradio-is-back-and-its-back-in-a-big-way/

A few weeks later, Lenny invited me to an AT&T event where I made connections with HTC, LG, and Samsung.

Then came September when we heard that Microsoft was going to have a devices launch on October 6. I scrambled to find a way to get invited. Of course, it's seemingly odd when you get invited by a company to fly halfway around the world but you can't get an invitation to an event 40 miles away from your home. Of course, I did end up going to the event where I got to try out HoloLens.

This year, For the Love of Tech expanded its app offerings as well! The For the Love of Tech apps are something that we are all extraordinarily proud of as we have worked extraordinarily hard on them.

The original For the Love of Tech app was published in the Windows Store last year as a Windows 8.1 Universal app. Early this year, we released For the Love of Tech Beta, our first shot at a Windows 10 Universal app.

Fast forward to today and For the Love of Tech is now a Windows 10 Universal app (with the Windows 8.1 Universal app available for Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 users), For the Love of Tech Beta is now For the Love of Tech Insider Preview, which we use to test new features, and we now have a third Windows app, For the Love of Tech Pro, available ad-free for $1.99.

For the Love of Tech also released its first Android app this year, available from both the Google Play Store and the Amazon Appstore.

Another thing that happened this year is that For the Love of Tech started making videos on YouTube. The success has been unprecedented. Earlier this week, we reached 5,000 subscribers. Just 23 days before, we had reached 4,000 subscribers.

I was also nominated and then won Lumia's Personality of the Year! Another great honor in this tremendous year!

We couldn't be more grateful for your support during this amazing year. For the Love of Tech is a community, which is why I try to respond to every single comment on ForTheLoveOfTech.com, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, YouTube, and wherever else we might be.

For the Love of Tech really has an amazing group of fans and supporters. I want to personally thank everyone that has donated. I want to personally thank everyone that has downloaded any of the For the Love of Tech apps. I want to personally thank every single one of those 5,000 YouTube subscribers. I want to personally thank everyone who has liked, followed, subscribed, etc.

Thanks to everyone for making this an amazing year for For the Love of Tech!

-Rich W Woods
Editor in Chief, For the Love of Tech

p.s. We're going to be giving away some cool goodies in the coming days, so make sure to check back in the For the Love of Tech forums!
Attachments
wc3ot.jpg
wc3ot.jpg (81.81 KiB) Viewed 334854 times
wc3pp.jpg
wc3pp.jpg (44.58 KiB) Viewed 334854 times

Return to “Announcements”